I hear this a lot… and sometimes, like just recently, it’s coming out of my own mouth.
There are 2 Kinds of “I Don’t Know What to Do”:
1. You haven’t found your purpose yet.
2. You’ve lost your way or gone off path, or you’ve just had a major expansion.
For the first kind, send me an email if you want help with this. Maybe we can work together, or I can refer you to someone who can help. But it’s #2 I want to address here.
You know when you reach that point of overwhelm and you just can’t seem to do ANYTHING? You look at the papers piling up on your desk (who, me?!) or you stare at the phone willing it to ring so you don’t have to go looking for clients, or you look at your calendar and wonder how on earth you’re going to get it all done… and it nearly immobilizes you.
I get it. Here’s what I was experiencing only a couple of weeks ago.
I found myself in overwhelm, repeating “I don’t know what to do” over and over again almost like a sick mantra. I was stuck in replay, like a broken record. I could hear myself saying it (yep, I talk to myself alone in my office lol) and I had to take myself through a process to stop it from taking over. I’ll share that with you in a second.
Have you ever been there? Stuck, frozen in the land of “I don’t know”?
It’s this place of indecision – like you’re taking a stand for NOT making a decision, draining your energy out and losing momentum, or creating the wrong kind of momentum that takes you into a downward spiral. You know what I mean?
Here’s What to Do. This is My Process I Take Myself Through When I’m in the Land of “I Don’t Know”:
- STOP FREAKING OUT. Stop the mind spirals into worries, doubts and fears. This is NOT who you are. It’s just the part of you that wants to protect you that has gotten out of control.
- Breathe into your belly. Get back into your body. When we get into the land of “I don’t know”, we get up in our heads and that can cause anxiety and even panic. Up there, we are completely ineffective. To shift the energy, we’ve got to get really present.
- Notice that you are at a choice point. This is the most powerful energetic place to be in. So shift your perception. Recognize that this point in time can be a gift for you when you take the next 4 steps.
- Tune in to the REAL YOU – your spirit, soul, higher self, whatever you want to call it. Ask her what she wants to do.
- Make a choice. Make a decision. And remind yourself that the most important thing here is just to make any decision. What you decide at this point almost doesn’t matter because the act of making a decision will release pressure and shift things immediately.
- Get support if you need it. I have a couple of mentors and healers I work with.
- Act on the decision. Take some form of aligned action in the direction of your decision. This will move the energy so that you are no longer stuck energetically, and so that the Universe can now start to bring you what you require.
- Repeat as needed! (:
Love & Blessings,
Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman
- Want to dive right in and get some support? Head over here.
FOLLOW ME ON SPOTIFY – MUSIC FOR THESE CRAZY TIMES:
- Follow My Artist Account on Spotify.
- Follow my Global Pandemic Playlist on Spotify. The studio (CD, not live) version of the songs I sang in the livestreamed concert are also in this playlist.
- Follow the RENEWAL Playlist for springtime on Spotify