Depending on where you live, winter can really bring down a person’s energy. We have less sunlight here in Canada. It often feels a lot better to get cozy and warm inside than to brave the cold and risk slipping on the ice.
With lack of sunlight and less activity, you can also end up feeling lethargic and unmotivated. If you have S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder), it can be even worse.
How about we lighten things up for you a little.
I know one of the most powerful ways to uplift your mood is to listen to high vibe music, so I made a Winter Playlist, which I’ve posted below, along with some tips to get you through the winter.
3 Hot Tips on How to Work with Winter Energies
1. Allow yourself to slow down, but remember that slowing down is not the same thing as depression. If you have depression or S.A.D., seek out support. Find ways to light yourself up on all levels. Turn on extra light indoors. Do things that make you smile. Be in the company of people who make you laugh. Listen to music that inspires you and lifts you up (your playlist is below).
2. Take a really good look at some snowflakes when it snows. If you don’t get snow where you live, search online. Snowflakes are incredibly beautiful and intricate, and completely unique, each one. Sometimes I just stand in a snowfall and say thank you to the snow as it falls, while I choose a few snowflakes on my coat to gaze at with appreciation. One winter I kept a smoothie container full of snow for a while! I’d open it and take some snow out in my hand just to see the snowflakes and feel them melt on me.
3. Get creative! Winter is the perfect natural time for creative projects. Even just some journaling or doodling can help you lift your energy and get into more of a creative space, which ignites your inner fire.
Enjoy this curated collection of songs to help you bring in the light during the darkest season.
Your Winter Playlist:
Love & Blessings,
Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman
- Want to dive right in and get some support? Head over here.
FOLLOW ME ON SPOTIFY – MUSIC FOR THESE CRAZY TIMES:
- Follow My Artist Account on Spotify.
- Follow my Global Pandemic Playlist on Spotify. The studio (CD, not live) version of the songs I sang in the livestreamed concert are also in this playlist.
- Follow the RENEWAL Playlist for springtime on Spotify
Thanks Brenda! 🙂
You’re so welcome, Cyndi!