1. Figure out your special brand of self-sabotage that stops you from valuing yourself and channelling your gifts through your work and play. Really get to know your habits, how you feel inside your body and what kinds of emotions are coming up. What and/or who are triggering you? Why? What kinds of situations “come up” all of a sudden to pull you off path when you’re headed in the right direction? If you are aware of the patterns, you can take steps to break them and create new ones. Every time you’re in a situation where you sabotage yourself, instead of beating yourself up about it, pay attention, give yourself some love and journal about it.
2. Let your difficult experiences teach and bless you. You probably already know this, but we all need reminders sometimes. When I do my deeper shamanic energy work with my clients, quite often a past life experience will come up. The past life doesn’t just come up just so you will know about it. It comes up because there is a gift from it that needs to come forward NOW. Usually it’s about the sharing of your gifts. Often as healers and intuitives, we have past lives where we were persecuted and even executed for being seen sharing our gifts. This is why we got really good at hiding our gifts instead of talking about and sharing them with confidence. Those past lives don’t just hold pain. They hold the secrets to your deeper gifts. This lifetime you’re living now also holds some secrets to more of YOU coming out to play. We’ve all had experiences where we were told to shut up, or looked at like we’re crazy. When we allow the teachings to bless us, it can help us uplevel our spiritual gifts and bring them out more.
3. Invest in yourself at a high level outside your comfort zone. If you want committed, invested people in your life, business or career, BE a committed, invested client. Stretch outside of your comfort zone, and not just with your money, but in as many ways as you can. When you can get used to living outside your comfort zone, you will be living in the uplevel. The energy of upleveling will open you wide and more of your gifts will begin to seep out. Another hint here… you can be outside your money comfort zone, but unless Spirit is invited to the party, your spiritual gifts won’t grow. Connecting with Spirit on a regular basis is super important.
4. Find your voice – your physical, human and spiritual voice – and start using it. A lot of people talk about finding your voice, but they’re not even talking about your actual voice. And sure, it’s a metaphor for things like confidence-building, clarifying your message and your niche. But without your actual voice, you’re missing the boat. Networking, speaking, television or radio appearances, interviews, teleclasses, webinars, sales calls, breakthrough sessions and delivering your services require your physical and spiritual voice. Start developing your voice. You’ll see that what happens as a result is much much more than you can imagine. Your ability to express your truth will be magnified. Your confidence will grow. Your voice will sound more clear and powerful. This all makes you more magnetic and gives you a sort of unspoken endorsement from Spirit, so that your ideal client will feel your authenticity and feel good about hiring you. And when you go to deliver your sessions, your clients will get better results.
5. Don’t use the frozen fear that comes up as an excuse to stop or keep your gifts buried. The truth is, fear is going to come up again and again. But it doesn’t have to stop you. Use the tools you have, the modalities you’ve learned, the support you have from your mentors, whatever you’ve got, to help you move through the fear as it comes up. Notice it, but don’t let it take over. Don’t try to push it down or ignore it. Let it know the adult you is in charge. Address your fears as they come up but don’t wallow in them. I see far too many amazing healers, authors, speakers and intuitives who are hiding away with their fear, focusing so much on fixing it that they don’t ever move forward with living their dream. They’re too wrapped up in fixing or removing the fear to actually take the steps they need to take in order to be successful in bringing out their spiritual gifts. By the way, if you’re in fear, your gifts are harder to bring out, so practice bringing them out when you feel good. This will help you access them when you’re feeling fearful, so you can move through the fear and into the uplevel.
If you want support with any of this, book a complimentary breakthrough session with me to see if we’re a match to work together. If I know I can help you, I will suggest the most appropriate way for us to work together and get you all set up, and in the meantime, I’ll share an actionable tip with you to help you get started.
Lots of Love & Blessings,
Brenda MacIntyre – Medicine Song Woman
If you’ve enjoyed this #TruthbyBrenda article, you can go get your free Find Your Voice Gift Pack, and a subscription to my #TruthbyBrenda Soundbytes, videos and ezine at MedicineSongWoman.com. I’m Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman. Blessings of sweet success to you. Until next time, or as we say in the Ojibwe language, ba ma pii.
Enjoy this #TruthbyBrenda article? Please share with your friends, clients or colleagues.