I just finished co-facilitating a sound healing journey with Sharon Carne of Sound Wellness in Calgary and was reminded once again of the power of sound.
Sound moves right through us. No resistance. No waiting. Right through immediately. So when you add your intentions to your soundings, it is powerful.
After the blissful channelling of medicine song alongside Sharon and her crystal and singing bowls to a sold out crowd, and then experiencing her sounding exercises at her and Saskia Jennings’ Unite Your Health and Wealth event, and I’ve been singing pretty much every day and delivering other events, I’ve had an easy, natural random connection happen with a potential client who messaged me on Facebook, and a media request in my inbox for a national newspaper wanting to interview me. That’s the power of sound!! Especially when you add some intentions and focus to it.
Read this… and THEN hit play on the video.
This video is of “Healing Song,” a song that came through me for my son Quinn Taylor. It quickly became popular worldwide in the drumming community a number of years ago and I still get requests for permission to use that song. I was singing it at a healing conference in Penticton BC in 2007 in this video, so the energy of healing is very present in the song.
Note That There Are Absolutely No Words in it, Just Pure Sound
1. Try listening with your eyes closed, and imagine you’re breathing the sound in and through your body. Imagine the cells of your body are being filled with healing energy, refreshed and cleared.
2. Now open your eyes and see if you can hum or sing/chant along with me. Sounding your own voice brings YOUR unique magic into the picture. It is very powerful to hear your own voice singing or humming a high frequency healing song.
3. What do you desire? How do you want to feel? What do you want to experience? Put those thoughts, feelings and intentions into your listening/singing
Let me know how you feel after doing even just one piece of this exercise. You can leave a comment here or on my youtube channel. And then pay attention to what shows up for you in the next week or so. I’d love to hear about it!
See you next week.
Love & Blessings,
Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman
- Want to dive right in and get some support? Head over here.
FOLLOW ME ON SPOTIFY – MUSIC FOR THESE CRAZY TIMES:
- Follow My Artist Account on Spotify.
- Follow my Global Pandemic Playlist on Spotify. The studio (CD, not live) version of the songs I sang in the livestreamed concert are also in this playlist.
- Follow the RENEWAL Playlist for springtime on Spotify