Grief, overwhelm, exhaustion, fear are all in the air right now. Not just right now as in the beginning of 2020, but just in general for quite a while now, worldwide. I want to begin this year by offering you a gift of healing that can also bring more healing, help you with any grief you’re carrying, and really actually bring rain to where it is needed most.
My prayers go out to all affected by the loss of the 176 people who were on the Ukrainian passenger flight that was shot down by Iran in January 2020, including 57 Canadian citizens. I won’t link to it to sensationalize it. It’s enough to know that many innocent lives on that plane and also on the ground in other ways recently have been lost due to fear, politics, war and even from Mother Earth trying to heal and rebalance herself (through extreme weather, earthquakes etc.).
I have been in constant prayer and sharing my song Water from the Sky, which you can download for free, to help pray rain for Australia, and to help you with your own emotions during this or any difficult time. I’d been sharing it on another site that isn’t that user-friendly, so I wanted to offer it to you in a more helpful way, with lyrics and instructions.
PLEASE HONOUR THE PROTOCOLS:
- This isn’t to make rain for fun any time you feel like it. It’s a ceremonial practice and meant to HELP where needed. I share this song with intentions of healing and balance, not so people can attempt to control the weather for amusement or worse. It probably won’t work for those reasons anyway, but please, honour the protocols.
- Please sing this song when you’re not under the influence of recreational drugs or alcohol. The clearer your mind and body, the clearer your prayers and intentions and the better the song’s medicine will work.
- If it’s already raining, and you want to bring rain somewhere else, get out and stand in the rain while you sing the song (or even just listen to it). Then you can even more powerfully focus your visualization and extra senses on that specific area.
- If you’re using an indigenous hand drum, please use it with respect and gratitude. Our drums are not “musical instruments.” They are alive with a spirit. Ask your drum to help you and treat it with love and respect.
- When you share or this song with others, please only share it along with these protocols, and the song’s origin story, right below.
THE ORIGIN STORY:
Brenda MacIntyre Medicine Song Woman channelled this song in the pouring rain 15 years ago and it brings rain every time she sings it – and it will for you too, as long as you are praying, feeling gratitude and using all possible senses. The song came through Brenda immediately after she experienced an indigenous women’s water ceremony on Thunder Mountain in northern Ontario back in 2005.
What I often forget about this song is that it can help you in a few other ways:
- Clear your energy field
- Raise your vibrational frequency
- Let go of what is no longer aligned with you
- Grieve – Let your tears fall and allow the song to dissolve some of your grief
WATER FROM THE SKY – from the Thunder Mountain Healing Songs album
HOW TO BRING RAIN AND HEALING WITH THIS SONG:
- Listen, yes, but learn and sing it if you can, or hum it, to really activate the energy of it.
- If you can gather with others to sing this song, it will add more power to the prayers and song. We have brought rain with this song easily in this way, and especially if at least a few of us are also drumming.
- Imagine you’re standing in the rain on the land wherever it is needed (Australia, for example).
- Imagine ongoing gentle rains, just a slight breeze or stillness, and healing of the land and people wherever and for as long as it is needed (be specific in your prayers and intentions). We don’t want lightning or high winds added to the picture, so imagine the opposite.
- Hear it, see it, feel it, smell it, taste it, touch it (in your mind’s eye) and use any other senses you may have.
This is how I do it:
I imagine myself standing in the rain, barefoot. I can feel the cool rain touching my skin, soaking my hair and clothing and running down my arms, legs and feet. I can feel the earth softening underneath me as it receives the rain. I can feel the rain dripping from my hair. I imagine myself looking up as I say in the song: “Lift your head, let the rain touch your tears.” As I just say this out loud while I’m writing, the healing tears come and it feels so beautiful. That’s from years of practice and because of how the song came to me, the power of that.
For me personally, rain clears my migraines, which is why I was outside that day to begin with. If I have a migraine, I also imagine it dissolving, as it always does when I stand in the rain.
I have immense gratitude to the point of tears, and I revel in the delicious feeling of the rain mixing with my tears and going down to Mother Earth.
In my mind’s eye, I see myself looking down at my rain-soaked dirty feet, from the rain hitting the ground and the mud splashing back up onto my feet. It makes me feel like a child playing in the rain.
If you have fond memories of rain, add them to your thoughts, to re-create and enjoy those emotions, feelings and sensations.
When you hear the words “Thank you, water from the sky,” really feel your gratitude for that rain.
Maybe the biggest key of all: Don’t just believe that it’s going to work. KNOW that it already has.
KNOW that the rain has already begun to fall.
KNOW that the land is already soaking in exactly the amount of rain that is needed.
KNOW that the rain is healing the people and the land, and, if you’re asking for it and letting it, healing you as well.
Questions about the article? Leave a comment here. I’m sure it will help others too.
If you’re a hand drummer, please let me know who you are. I’m keeping a loose database of who’s singing my songs for a song-sharing project down the road. Miigwech. Thank You.