My heart is heavy, and music is my greatest gift and my greatest healer. That’s why I’ve chosen to give you one of my timeless live music videos from way back in 2007. The song that came to me for my son Quinn, simply called “Healing Song.”
Many of you know my son was murdered. Finding out about the 215 Indigenous children who were murdered in my hometown has been devastating. Music is my medicine, so I offer you this beautiful song that helped my son through hard times when he was a teenager and beyond, until he left the planet in 2016 and told me this song is for all of us now.
This video is from when I sang Healing Song in Penticton – not far from Kamloops – at a conference in October 2007, to bring healing to the Indigenous community and the water there. Just close your eyes and let the song wash over you. I asked an audience member to film me on my old camera, so the visual is very fuzzy, but somehow the sound quality is still very good.
BREATHE. Let the music into your heart and your body. Let those medicine tears flow if they come.
Drink extra water so help flow the healing energies through you and to detoxify you of emotional residue that is ready to be released. Know that not everything is ready to be released. That would be far too overwhelming for most of us, so we have to release pain slowly, gradually.
Be kind and gentle with yourself, okay? Love yourself up. Love your children and grandchildren up. Take care of you first, and then see how you can help others.
Love & Blessings,
Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman
- Reconciliation Resources and Indigenous Businesses to Support
- For more quirky raw realness and channelled musical goodness, sign up for my free livestreams.
FOLLOW ME ON SPOTIFY – MUSIC FOR THESE CRAZY TIMES:
- Follow My Artist Account on Spotify.
- Follow my Global Pandemic Playlist on Spotify. The studio (CD, not live) version of the songs I sang in the livestreamed concert are also in this playlist.
- Follow the RENEWAL Playlist for springtime on Spotify