Since December 30th when I received a message about what 2014 is bringing, I’ve been creating my year. And I wanted to let you in on the way I’m doing that, because there are some pretty unconventional pieces (I mean, come on, it’s me we’re talking about!) that can help YOU create the year YOU want.
Create 5 lists:
1. What SUCKED in 2013 that I don’t want to repeat. Get it out of your system!! You don’t need to ever look at it again, but get really clear on what you don’t want, because the opposite of that is what you DO want. Go deep. Get detailed. Why did it suck? What unfolded or unraveled because of what happened? We’re not looking for the silver lining here, okay? Get down and dirty with what you just don’t want ever again.
2. My Celebrations about 2013 (what was great that you DO want more of). Revel in this. Take your time. My list is still growing. Really feel into what was so great about each thing you’re celebrating. Why was it so great? What parts of it do you want to create again? Soak in the feelings this brings up for you.
3. My Desires for 2014. Now, this is still unfolding for me and it gets pretty deep, because I’m using my teachings from my Step into Your Birthright Program for it, and also working with another new practice to deepen it even more. First step is: What solid things, people, resources, situations and circumstances do you want to experience for 2014?
4. The Core: What’s at the core of all of the above? Why do you REALLY want what you want? What feelings will it give you? What’s underneath each desire? For example: one of my desires is to go to VidCon in LA with my daughter again this year, but this time, take the Industry Track, which means a much bigger investment and commitment than just going on a vacation. So what’s at the core of this desire? I do want the vacation (it was so much fun!!!). And. I want to learn some innovative video marketing strategies and be in the energy of people who are living and breathing video. Why? (Keep asking yourself this question) I want to make more videos. Why? Video gives you more of a real experience of me than newsletters. Video is FUN. My daughter and I will spend time together doing it. So. More engagement with my community (that would be you), more fun with my daughter, more fun for me. How will that make me feel? More creative, challenged in a good way, more excited about my business… Do you get the idea? Really get into the desire and what’s at the core of it.
5. Goals to Manifest My Desires. Don’t go crazy here with workload, stressing yourself out over how much you think you need to do. Some of what you desire is going to come to you like magic. But you do have to take inspired action. So pick a few major goals that are aligned with your desires. And see what action steps emerge from there. So really, rather than setting down the concrete here, think of your goals almost as guideposts. When your guideposts are based on your desires, it will be easier to do whatever is needed to manifest your desires.