I’ve just had a huge ICK experience with someone touting themselves as extremely spiritually powerful. She was manipulative from the very start, commenting on social media just days after my son was murdered, about how rude I was for not acknowledging her private message of a “gift”. That in itself was unbelievable. And then I forgot about it, and her. I was not in the head space to delete and block her. I was still in shock over my son’s death.
One thing my son’s death has shown me is who is coming from a place of ego and manipulation and who is coming from a place of heart, soul and truth.
This same person just sent me another private message offering me a “gift” by trying to make me feel like something’s wrong with me. Her invitation to this so-called gift was “Why do I always feel a wall with you?”
You know what the cool thing was?
That wall? That’s real. This person felt my energetic boundaries that were up specifically for her and people like her.
Joanne Dallaire, the indigenous wisdom-keeper I go to the most for advice and healing work, always quotes Maya Angelou in saying “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” I’ve always been a little too “nicey nicey”. One of my coaches called me on that, and Joanne did recently too. I’ve been getting better about it, but over the years I’ve let people walk all over me in the name of giving them a chance… and another chance… and another chance.
You know those times when you say yes but really want to say no? Or those times when you feel a creepy or needy energy behind someone’s intentions? Believe them. That is what’s happening.
If I hadn’t been in shock and grief when she originally contacted me just days after my son’s death, I would’ve deleted and blocked her from Facebook. Today I did.
BOTTOM LINE: You get to decide who and what you let into your world. Not only that, but if you let someone into your world, you can choose if they get to stay or not.
There are 2 main kinds of boundaries: Spiritual/Energetic and Physical. Today’s tips are about the spiritual and energetic kind.
The best kind of spiritual and energetic protection really is just feeling good, or as Abraham-Hicks would say, being in your Vortex. The card I pulled about this experience is Medicine Song Visualization Card. Medicine Song is about being in your vortex – feeling good, connected, in the zone, no matter what’s going on outside and around you. But when something happens in your life and you’re feeling “off” or drained from the experience, such as losing a loved one, that’s when you’re vulnerable and your “walls” can weaken or come down.
There are a lot of ways you can create energetic boundaries, which act as spiritual protection. Here are a few:
1. Put up a reverse mirror all around your entire aura, especially before having any conversations for the day, whether in person or on the phone or skype. Set your intention to allow in ONLY those energies, beings and people who are aligned with your highest good. Intend that all energy sent to you be mirrored back to whoever is sending it, or neutralized and recycled by Mother Earth. This is not to harm anyone but to prevent the delivery of “mystery gifts” of shame, manipulation, greed, fear, or ill thoughts about you. Mirroring people’s mystery gifts back to them may help them to understand themselves better as well.
2. Set your intentions in the morning. Mine are always “I intend that everything I be, do, say, feel, think, believe and act on today be for the highest good of all life everywhere.” You might want to pull a card for the day, if you have a tarot or oracle deck.
3. Use your hands. If I need extra spiritual protection, I might do a bit of ecstatic dance (free-form dance) and use my hands to physically reinforce my energetic boundaries all around me.
4. Create sacred space. #6 is one way. You can also create an altar or just surround yourself with sacred items that put you in a high frequency state, like crystals and stones…
5. Crystals and stones. Sheen Obsidian is amazing at repelling negativity. Most black stones are. Rose quartz and pink kunzite are great for creating an atmosphere of love. Remember to cleanse your mineral friends as well. You can use #4 for that. Not all stones and crystals can take being water cleansed, so just know your stones and give them the care they need. Some, like Kyanite, which balances and clears the chakras, don’t need cleansing.
6. Smudge. Use sage, cedar, frankincense, copal or palo santo to clear your energy and the energy of your home. You can also use smudge spray as an alternative.
7. Check your own energy. The more in tune you are to yourself, the more you can recognize other people’s energy and intentions coming in. The more you can catch these energies before they take physical form, the better you will feel. Example: me blocking that person on Facebook. How you can tell? If being around someone or reading their messages or hearing their voice makes you feel creeped out or drained or bad, or you feel like you want to run away… those are some ways your body and intuition are letting you know.
Got your own ideas about spiritual protection and energetic boundaries? Aha’s hitting you right now? Please share on the blog. I’d love to hear about it. (:
Thanks & Blessings to you.
Brenda MacIntyre – Medicine Song Woman
If you’ve enjoyed this #TruthbyBrenda article, you can go get your free Find Your Voice Gift Pack, and a subscription to my #TruthbyBrenda Soundbytes, videos and ezine at MedicineSongWoman.com. I’m Brenda MacIntyre, Medicine Song Woman. Blessings of sweet success to you. Until next time, or as we say in the Ojibwe language, ba ma pii.
Enjoy this #TruthbyBrenda article? Please share with your friends, clients or colleagues.